Friday, September 20, 2013

My Insane Arcade System Build (Part 6)

Boy, oh boy!  Orders have been working their way to my house!   Probably enough for a few more posts!

Lets start with a few simple things.  I don't have panels that make up the control panel from North Coast yet.  Those will probably be here in the next week or so.  However, I figured it is never too early to start looking at things to make it pretty.   So, while looking around for T-molding, I came across t-molding.com.  T-molding.com will send you some samples to look at, so I took them up on it and ordered samples of the 5/8" molding to get a feel for how the colors looked.  Here is a picture of the samples :


The one on the farthest left looks like an issue with the camera, but it is actually black with a silver stripe.  It looks really cool, but I am not sure it will look good on a cabinet that is already black.   I'm leaning toward the light blue right now, but have to wait until the first parts of the cabinet show up to be sure.


My order from AllElectronics.com came packed in a pretty typical shipping package from the USPS.


Inside was the goodies that I will need to make the connections to the sticks and buttons.   Which basically boils down to quick connect pieces, a few DSub connectors, and some wire.  It all came packed in a large plastic bag wrapped with some brown packing paper.  When it is unpacked, it looks like this :


I elected to get a wiring that matches the colors used on a standard molex power connector on a computer.  This is because the PACLED64s need power and come with a molex connector.   It seems it will be easiest to keep the colors all the same.

While not the most exciting stuff, it is all necessary to complete the project.  And, since I wanted to document everything involved in it, you get this exciting post!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment